Job Type : Permanent, full-time
Not unlike Han Solo, sometimes our customers need a helping hand. If you replace the Millennium Falcon with modems, cables and computers, there’s really not much difference between our Technical Support Representatives and Chewbacca (besides the ability to speak a human language and shave the hair on their back). If you believe that you can make a difference and help our customers navigate through tricky situations, read on.
Location : Montréal, Québec
Apart from being mildly entertained by our teaser, the successful candidate should have the following traits and abilities in their tool box;
- Fluently Bilingual
- Flexible availability (days, evenings, weekends and split shifts)
- Must be highly adaptable (think Swiss army knife)
- Experience in customer service (virtually any job that involved interacting with and assisting human beings)
- Experience in Technical Support (troubleshooting anything that resembles a computer)
- Experience or a good understanding of Telecommunications is a definite asset
- Good communication skills (Klingon should only be spoken to other agents)
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task while answering the phones (ability to juggle while answering phones may be an asset)
Here's a small taste of what you'll be doing with those skills and experience;
- Receive and handle incoming calls or emails from customers subscribing to residential products and services
- Make a precise diagnostic of the source of the problem by questioning the customer in a courteous, diplomatic and concise manner
- Guide and assist the customer in making certain modifications and/or configurations to his/her system according to established procedures, and to educate the customer about the steps to follow in a similar situation
- When necessary, open trouble tickets with our internal and external suppliers in order to promptly restore service. Ensure follow-ups with both suppliers and clients
Why else should you apply?
Good question...here's what we'll offer you;
- Competitive salary & benefits
- A macro work environment
- A chance to support services that matter to people (let’s face it; internet, phone and long distance are now integral to our lives)
- Great work environment and amazing people
- Advancement opportunities that aren’t based on seniority
Apply by attaching your resume and type in a short cover letter on why you feel that you could provide our customers with the best customer service.
Please note that we will only contact the candidates that meet our requirements. Distributel is committed to employment equity.
About Distributel Communications
Experience a wealth of opportunities by joining a dynamic team that's vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape. As a leader in the Canadian telecommunications industry since 1988, Distributel offers a host of residential services, including DSL and Cable Internet, VoIP Phone Service and Long Distance options to over 200,000 subscribers in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British-Columbia. ThinkTel, Distributel’s business division, is a national provider of SIP-based voice, video, and data services catering to the SMB, enterprise and wholesale business segments. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!